Kate’s foundation and passion for coaching have been the catalyst for her successful career in biotech leadership. Kate has had the incredible privilege of being coached by and coaching some very special people over the past two decades. For the last 17 years, Kate worked at Genentech and Dompe in various sales capacities. For the last 10 years, Kate has been in leadership positions including front and second-line management overseeing over 20 managers and sales representatives. Kate consistently achieved results, managed change effectively, provided objective feedback and coaching, and developed people to their fullest potential. She has won Manager of the Year and many Key Contributor awards along the way. Kate has extensive experience building and motivating teams, strategic planning, individual accountability, performance management, critical conversations, and mentorship of emerging managers. Kate’s true love of coaching has led her to The Molitor Group where she will utilize her experience and skill set to guide others in their leadership journeys. Before the biotech world, Kate was a high school English teacher and field hockey and basketball coach for a year out of Assumption University where she also was an outfielder on the softball team. Kate and her husband Tim reside in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts, and are the very proud parents of Jackie (6) and Mikey (5). In her free time, Kate enjoys exercise, golf, reading, and most importantly, spending time with her family and friends.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- Key details about Kate’s journey and her career transition
- The power of vulnerability and authenticity in leadership roles
- The importance of finding personal fulfillment in one’s professional journey
- How to build and maintain trust within a team and its impact on performance
- The significance of having critical conversations early on to tackle issues and maintain team cohesion
- The value of mentorship in Kate’s journey and the significant impact of various mentors on her career