Suzanne Monahan is a wife, mother, and leader in the health sciences industry. As a former collegiate athlete, two time cancer survivor, and now a leader, she is passionate about the power of mindset, teamwork and performance. Currently, she holds a commercial leadership position at Shionogi Inc, a biopharmaceutical company that leverages a science-based heritage to develop and commercialize pharmaceutical products to treat unmet medical needs. Today, she dedicates her time at Shionogi to building and leading the sales team for the US. Suzanne is committed to “raising up” cohesive and resilient teams both at work and on the field. She believes in family first and enjoys giving back, serving as a girl’s lacrosse coach, an advocate for patient-focused cancer care, and a mentor to future leaders.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- Knitty-gritty advice and tips for Pharma Sales leadership in the post-pandemic era
- How to handle a high-value employee leaving your team
- How to adapt to higher and higher levels of competition as your career develops
- Why being vulnerable is a competitive advantage
- The value of unorthodox methods (from the unofficial Queen of Unorthodox)
- Novel career paths in Pharma for uniquely talented individuals